How to Record Your Church Videos Without a Teleprompter
It's hard to remember a script by heart. You will always mess a word up, flub on specifics, and it just makes you more anxious. You also want that professional look where it looks like the person is looking straight into the lens, and not slightly off.
This can be solved by using a teleprompter. By using a teleprompter you can cut your recording time in half, and produce a video without any cuts during the taking. Teleprompters can be expensive, and can become a hurdle for many churches to take that leap in buying one. So by knowing this, I used a technique before our church bought a teleprompter to do our church announcements.
I used a laptop, and a teleprompter software to help me look straight into the camera to get this professional look. What I did is dropped the camera's bottom edge of the lens below the top of the computer screen, I would zoom the lens in and zoom in enough where you were unable to see the laptop screen. This works out great, but you want to keep a few things in mind.
- Make sure to have the laptop height enough to where the camera isn't pointing up.
- When the person is reading the script makes sure to keep them reading the top or top middle of the screen. This way the illusion of them looking into the lens is not broken. When they start looking down at the bottom of the screen it will be noticeable they are reading something.
This technique will help you drop your production time, and editing time in half. Below are a list of free teleprompter software you can use for your computer.
What softwares or apps did I not add? How do you use teleprompters or tricks to use another resource if you don't have one?
Connect With us!
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Strategy November 19, 2015
- 3 Steps on How To Record the Best Audio November 12, 2015
- How to Record Your Church Videos Without a Teleprompter November 5, 2015
- Inspiration April 26, 2013
- It Starts the Conversation March 19, 2013